Graphic Designer/Marketing Specialist
JOB SUMMARY: The person in this position is responsible for helping to create the brand message on a seasonal basis in conjunction with upper management. He/She is a key individual responsible for concepting, creating, developing and producing all marketing materials to further embed the brand in the eyes of our distributors, retail partners and consumers.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: (The following is intended to illustrate typical duties; they are not meant to be all inclusive or restrictive.)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to bring new campaign ideas to the table.
- Strong Graphic Design and typography skill set.
- Eagerness to collaborate and accept creative direction and critique.
- Works together with other marketing team members to create, design and produce professional and high quality large and small format print materials.
- Develops and designs social media content on a weekly basis.
- Prepares visual materials for use in branding and other sales presentations.
- Prepares and sends visual materials for use by international distributors and domestic sales representatives.
- Creates and follows up on printing quotes for proposed marketing materials.
- Fulfills and follows up on daily requests (for marketing materials, images, ads, etc.).
- Assists with all aspects of local model photo shoots – from developing concepts/mood boards, to planning, to executing.
- Assists with all aspects of local product photo shoots – for example, gathering products to be shot, steaming, creating shot lists, aiding at the actual shoot, returning garments to appropriate department upon conclusion of the shoot, etc.
- Assist with all aspects of seasonal website updates.
- Prepares on-model and laydown photos for use in printed mediums.
- Works with other Summit Resource International employees to prioritize the various in-house aspects of marketing and sales, in a manner that keeps the overall best interests of the company as the top priority
- Works with international distributors, sales representatives, customers and others as applicable, in a respectful and culturally sensitive manner to establish and maintain productive relationships.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with Summit Resource International employees and others doing business with Summit Resource International.
- Acts as a positive role model through hard work, fairness, flexibility, commitment and communication.
- Acts as a responsible team member.
- Exhibits friendliness toward and consideration of customers, employees, international distributors and sales representatives.
- In general, demonstrates energy and enthusiasm for work.
- Displays an awareness of and ability to deal with diversity among people.
- Displays a neat appearance and competent manner.
- Attends department and staff meetings as required.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Proactively addresses and solves problems as they arise.
- Alerts the Marketing Manager to areas of concern.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience in this field.
- 3-5 years of graphic design experience preferred.
- Experience working with product and consumer goods-based business preferred.
- Experience with Mac computer systems and software required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Mac-based Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Experience with and knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Graphic design and/or fine art experience as evidenced by competent visual portfolio.
- Photo/video production skillset preferred, but not required.
- Valid driver's license, an acceptable driving record and proof of auto insurance in compliance with state law.
- Ability to gain significant knowledge of the role of the Design and Marketing Department in the production of garments.
- Ability to be flexible to meet the company’s needs.
- Supervised by the Marketing Manager.
- Has daily contact with marketing, design, product development and merchandising employees.
- Has frequent contact with sales representatives and international distributors.
- Has intermittent contact with other Summit Resource International employees.
Must be willing and eager to manage basic productions tasks like cropping, resizing, file re-formatting requests, etc. Not all projects will be creative development.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in fast-paced environment; willingness to perform a wide variety of tasks.
· Working knowledge of digital file formats. Ability to learn and use Summit Resource International software.
· Ability to understand visual and marketing objectives and successfully communicate them to others.
· Ability to maintain confidential information.
· Ability to respond appropriately to crisis situations and manage conflicts in a professional and efficient manner.
· Exceptional time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
· Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with other staff, customers, and partners.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a variety of individuals, including sales representatives, international distributors, customers, other Summit Resource International employees, supervisors and community members. Ability to communicate effectively with people who speak English as a second language.
· Ability to accept and act on constructive criticism.
· Timely attendance and an engaged, passionate work ethic.
LEVEL OF INDEPENDENT DISCRETION, CONSEQUENCE OF ACTIONS: This person exercises a relatively high level of independence in decision-making. Significant errors in judgment may adversely affect Summit Resource International employees and may cause serious financial and/or legal repercussions for Summit Resource International.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: May be required to alter scheduled hours or days off as necessary to accommodate workload. Physical effort is required to stand, walk, bend and sit for extended periods of time, including in front of a computer screen, and to carry samples, packages and presentation materials. Must be able to lift 25 pounds. May experience exposure to spray adhesive and other art media/materials. Stress and exposure to difficult vendor, customer and employee situations may be encountered.